NovaSparks is the ideal partner for your FPGA-based trading projects, whether you are looking at decoding, managing, distributing market data and/or placing/cancelling orders based on triggering conditions and trading decision. NovaSparks brings a high degree of experience, flexibility and agility, allowing for a very high level of service and customization.
Building in-house FPGA teams is very costly with a questionable return-on-investment, as harvesting the benefits of FPGA technology requires overcoming several challenges:
- Programming challenges: Verilog and VHDL are very low level languages where simple functions can sometimes require hundreds of lines of code.
- People challenges: Verilog/VHDL programmers are a scarce resource compare to C or C++ programmers. Only few of them understand the financial market specificities and challenges.
- Arbitration between software and hardware: Not everything will benefit from a hardware implementation. Identifying ahead of time what part of the infrastructure can be implemented in FPGA and deliver significant performance improvement as a result requires a lot of experience in both software and hardware programming.
- Choice of hardware: There are multiple FPGA vendors and dozens of FPGA cards available on the market. Choosing the right one for an application is essential to deliver the desired end result.
- Testing and integrations: Programming, testing and integrating FPGA solutions require a unique set of tools and significant experience, often very different from traditional software environments.