Trust your FPGA Project to NovaSparks
NovaSparks is the ideal partner for your pure FPGA Tick-to-Trade projects or any FPGA-based market data processing project. Whether you are looking at decoding, encoding or distributing market data, whether you are looking at deploying aggressive or passive strategies for future, equity or options markets, NovaSparks brings experience, flexibility and agility, allowing for a very high level of service and customization, as well as wide array of options with regards to IP ownership.
Tick-to-Trade development platform:
NovaSparks offers a scalable FPGA Tick-to-Trade development platform in partnership with Solarflare (now Xilinx).
The platform embodies the integration of the two leading ultra-low latency products: NovaSparks NovaTick for normalizing and consolidating Market Data and Xilinx ANTS for TCP Order Execution. The platform can consume any of the 70 market data feeds offered by NovaSparks through a single hardware programming interface.
Building in-house FPGA teams is very costly with a questionable return-on-investment, as harvesting the benefits of FPGA technology requires overcoming several challenges:
- Programming challenges: SystemVerilog and VHDL are low level languages where simple functions can sometimes require hundreds of lines of code.
- People challenges: SystemVerilog/VHDL programmers are a scarce resource compared to C or C++ programmers. Only few of them understand the financial market specificities and challenges.
- Arbitration between software and hardware: Not everything will benefit from a hardware implementation. Identifying ahead of time what part of the infrastructure can be implemented in FPGA and deliver significant performance improvement as a result requires a lot of experience in both software and hardware programming.
- Choice of hardware: There are multiple FPGA vendors and dozens of FPGA cards available on the market. Choosing the right one for an application is essential to deliver the desired end result.
- Testing and integrations: Programming, testing and integrating FPGA solutions require a unique set of tools and significant experience, often very different from traditional software environments.
Key Benefits of NovaSparks Tick-to-Trade Development Platform
Slash Time to Market
Access NovaSparks catalog of 70 feed handlers with book builder and feed aggregation through a normalized interface. Simplify your design and recompile faster.
Contain Development Risk and Cost
Focus FPGA development resources on the trading strategy (and potentially the risk checks) and not on the development and maintenance of all the market data and order execution infrastructure components.
Leverage NovaSparks Expertise
Engage NovaSparks on a Professional Services bases to develop your trading strategy and the risk checks, but keep the source code and the IP.
Achieve Ultra-Low Latency
Achieve tick-to-trade latency between 200ns and 550ns depending on the strategy and the type of trigger it uses.