The NovaTick Appliance is the system used for implementing the latest generation Ticker Plant developed by NovaSparks. The NovaTick Appliance is a fully integrated ticker plant solution targeting the most demanding customers unwilling to compromise speed and determinism, for scalability, functionality and robustness.
Like the previous generations, the NovaTick Appliance relies on architectural pillars that have made NovaSparks unique:
- A pure FPGA processing approach that provides the lowest latency with the highest determinism
- A scalable FPGA matrix architecture
- An extensive and versatile fan-out capability
- An easy to deploy and modular 2U appliance
- Flexible integration and consumption options to integrate easily in any electronic trading environment.
Compared to its predecessor, the NovaTick Appliance delivers even lower latency while offering ten times the capacity in terms of number of instruments.
All the NovaSparks’ platform are built on the largest FPGA chips yielding the lowest possible latency and accommodating the highest number of instruments. The pure FPGA matrix architecture of the appliance is augmented with tightly integrated multi-core Intel processors to support non-latency sensitive tasks such as exchange recovery functions.
NovaTick also handles the recovery and re-transmission services offered by most exchanges. Users can start trading in the middle of the day and work from a fully updated book.
NovaTick offers multiple publication (L1,L2,L3 and full lot BBO) and distribution (Ethernet, PCIe DMA, Wireless lines or FPGA) options and includes PTP time stamping and latency measurements.