NovaTick is a fully integrated ticker plant solution targeting the most demanding customers unwilling to compromise speed and determinism, for scalability and functionality. NovaTick normalizes 70 market data feeds into a single format that can be consumed natively in HW (FPGA) or SW (servers), or through an advanced market data API.
Advanced pipelining and smart parallelization speed up NovaSparks Ticker Plants up to 10 times faster than their software counterparts on average and up to 100 times faster during market data bursts.
NovaTick relies on several architectural pillars that have made NovaTick technology unique in the market place:
- A pure FPGA architecture combining up to 4 large capacity FPGAs
- An easy to deploy and modular 2U appliance
- A versatile fan-out capability
- Intel CPUs for non-latency sensitive tasks such configuration, exchange recovery functions, reference data or performance monitoring
NovaTick incorporates all the functionalities of a true ticker plant:
- A/B arbitration
- Wireless/Fiber Arbitration
- Retransmission and Recovery
- PTP time stamping
- Data Processing:
- Decoding and parsing
- Order book building
- Market consolidation (BBO or in-Depth)
- Shaping/conflation for wireless infrastructures
- Advanced filtering and distribution
- Normalized, fast and easy to parse message format or SW API and HW Interfaces (for FPGAs)
- L1 (Top of Book), L2 (Top N of Book) or L3 (Full Depth) data and full lot BBO publication
- Snapshot for late joiners
- Multicast Ethernet or NovaLink (for FPGAs) output distribution options
As an example, a single NovaTick appliance can decode the main US equity market feeds (CBOE, NYSE and Nasdaq) with the SIP, build the books for all the symbols and generate a normalized format for all their feeds, while consolidating them into a fast NBBO.